“Our nation is moving toward two societies, one black, one white – separate and unequal.”
- After some progress, we are backsliding, and returning to segregation.
- The percentage of Americans living in extreme poverty — that is, living on less than half the poverty threshold — has increased since the 1970s.
- Mass incarceration has wildly escalated: "At the time of the Kerner Commission, there were about 200,000 people behind bars. Today, there are about 1.4 million."
(2) - https://www.amazon.com/Report-National-Advisory-Commission-Disorders/dp/B003Z97C36
(3) - https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/28/opinion/the-unmet-promise-of-equality.html