Yang is an entrepreneur, and he thinks that a fundamental transformation of our economy is imminent. He also thinks that the results will be disastrous. Here is Yang's vision, as outlined by The Times:
“All you need is self-driving cars to destabilize society,” Mr. Yang, 43, said over lunch at a Thai restaurant in Manhattan last month, in his first interview about his campaign. In just a few years, he said, “we’re going to have a million truck drivers out of work who are 94 percent male, with an average level of education of high school or one year of college.”
“That one innovation,” he continued, “will be enough to create riots in the street. And we’re about to do the same thing to retail workers, call center workers, fast-food workers, insurance companies, accounting firms.”
- Turn all our prisons into schools.
- Plant one billion trees.
- Solarize every structure where solar access is available.
- Provide preschool and after school care for every child.
- Provide elder care for every person who needs it.
- Rehab and renovate every deteriorating neighborhood.
- Build affordable housing.
- Create community gardens in every community.
- Have artists paint murals.
- Have musicians play music.