1. Democracy requires that we educate ourselves, and that we educate others. Ignorance and democracy are antithetical.
2. Democracy begins with vision. We need to know what we want to achieve. Only then will we know if we are making progress.
3. Democracy works in an “exponential” way. Democratic change can happen a lot more quickly than we think.
4. Democracy is inclusive and is defined by action that is collective, not individualistic.
5. Democracy demands equality as a first principle.
6. Democracy demands that authority be fair, transparent, accessible, persuasive, and negotiable.
7. Democracy, and only democracy, will allow us to reach our full potential, both as individuals and as a community.